13/03/2008

Not So Super*

A lot of people in America seem to dislike the fact that the Democrats' candidate for the presidency might be decided on by the so-called "superdelegates". Isn't that undemocratic?

Well, yeah, but every time I read this kind of thing I can't help thinking, "Stop whining!" That's because I, like a few other people, live in a country where there's no equivalent of the primaries at all, but candidates are usually chosen by the party bigwigs. In a smoke-filled backroom. While drinking whiskey. I like to think. But that's probably not true.

*No, I'm not under the illusion that I'm the first person who came up with this pun phrasing. At the time of writing, a google search for "not so super delegates" yields "approximately 1770 hits". I was considering replacing it with a title that might actually bring some traffic from google such as Lose ten pounds in ten weeks and buy Euro 2008 tickets online from lesbian Lindsay Lohan killer bees. Then it occured to me that had nothing to do with the topic of the post.

No comments: