03/09/2008

FotoLapidarium

There are a lot of photo blogs out there, but if you're looking for a good one, FotoLapidarium may be the way to go. I know the text is in Polish, a language hardly anyone outside of Poland speaks, but, hey, it's a photo blog. Grisza, the blog's author, has kindly given me permission to reproduce some of his work, so here we go.

I like the contrast between the colours at the top and the dark bottom half of this one; I am also a sucker for rails:



And another one that uses darkness-light contrasts to great effect:



What the heck is this? A church?



I'm no big friend of snow, but what's great about it is that it reflects a lot of light when you walk the city streets at night. This picture captures the effect perfectly:



This looks so Eastern Europe (o.k., I've been to Eastern Europe for a grand total of four days in my life, but even so):



If van Gogh had been a photographer, this could be by him:



And the three red dots on this one immediately reminded me of Gas by Edward Hopper, one of my favourite paintings:

No comments: