05/09/2009

John Terry Needs to Be Taught a Lesson

Ben Goldacre and Ilkka Kokkarinen both point out that trying to bullshit people is particularly unwise in the age of the internet because information moves easily. John Terry, it seems, hasn't realized that yet:
John Terry believes England players are too honest to dive, sometimes to their own detriment. [...]"

I can speak about the England lads and I think it is something we don't do," said Terry. "I think we're too honest, sometimes even in the Premier League you see the English lads get a bit of contact and stay on their feet and try and score from the chance they have been given.

"I think sometimes that honesty goes against us. I think sometimes as a country we're too honest. This is proven beyond a doubt if you examine the expenses records of English politicians: not a single dodgy claim," the England captain explained.
Oh, wait, I added that last sentence.

Here is a video of portions of the interview at YouTube. As I am writing, this page has only been loaded nine times. I predict a compilation of English players diving to materialize in response to Terry's claims within the next 48 hours. In the meantime, I'll give you this video featuring an England lad:

No comments: