1. "The asymmetric nature of the bonus (an incentive for success without a corresponding disincentive for failure) causes hidden risks to accumulate in the financial system and become a catalyst for disaster."
2. Is Julian Assange a force for freedom?
3. Who are the most ruthless capitalists in the western world?
4. For those who think Germans don't have a sense of humour. (via)
5. "It's Time to End the War on Salt?"
6. South African football team misses out on the African Cup of Nations due to misreading the qualifiers rules. Coach: "Africa is a jungle, my friend." Uh-oh.
7. Return of the Jedi never made any profit
8. "Bread and Peace": A very simple model of U.S. presidential elections