1. What happens to CEOs who don't want to hand over their customers' data to the NSA? (Jason Kottke/John Gilmore)
2. This looks like it might be a useful equation for stratification researchers, if they allowed themselves/dared to use it. (Gregory Cochran)
3. Robin Hanson and Bill Dickens develop a theory of fertility.
4. ". . . and if you be drunke annoint your privie members in vineger, and ye shall waxe sober." Advice from 1628 (via).
5. A graphical test for whether time trends moving in parallel suggest causality (Kaiser Fung)
6 days ago