09/06/2008

Short Announcement, Preceded by a Sociological Theory about Football

The trouble with having the Euros or the World Cup on is that you get an awful lot of fair-weather fans watching who don't understand the game. As a general rule, women will ask stupid questions. ("He touched the ball with his hands - that's a penalty, no?" - "Erm, that's the goalie.") But men? No questions asked. Given that as males they were genetically endowed with every single bit of knowledge you could possibly have about the game, they'll declare with absolute certainty what happens to be absolute nonsense. Only yesterday, a bloke explained to me that I needed new glasses because he didn't understand the subtelties of the offside rule. Oh, well.

Anyway, what I was actually going to say is that there will be no blogging until Sunday. I've got more important stuff to attend to, and by that I don't mean watching football. Well, not only.

For the meantime, let me direct your attention to my blogroll on the right-hand side. All killer, no filler. It's not called The Chosen Few for no reason.

No comments: